Friday 4 November 2011

Character Design



After talking to Alan he said I needed to push my character further. I n eeded to make the knight and horse look like one 'piece' as well as if they'd been carved into a piece of wood,metal or stone. To help me get a btter idea of how to make them looked carved I've combined them together. i've also tried to keep their limbs out of perportion.



After getting some feed back, it was recomended that I make the horses legs longer. This was to loose the look of the horse bowing down and that the knight will be dismounting. The second round of feedback also agreed that the legs needed to be just a little longer as well as having the head smaller to make the horse look proud.



I was also told to take a look at 'Noggin the Nog' for style influence. The show from 1959 was created by Oliver Postgate. Postgate also created animations such as Ivor the Engine, Bagpuss and the Clangers. The show Noggin the Nog has a strong use of the style I need, characters and props looking like they are one (like my chess piece).

No comments:

Post a Comment