Thursday, 10 February 2011

Texture Tests

As well as painting textures for water I also tried to create a texture for the flowers in the window boxes. I had to photograph these as the yellow texture in the bottom left hand corner was created using pastels. I didn't want to scan it and make the scanner all dirty with dust from the pastels. I then took the images into Maya and applied it to a rough flower shape I created.

I'm rather pleased wit the result, though it is pretty basic. I also need to add a bump and spec map before it is complete.

1 comment:

  1. Lev - allow your mark making to also guide and transform your actual geometry too!