Tuesday 3 November 2009

The Night of the Hunter


At first I wasn't too sure I was going to enjoy this film, especially as I got as bit confused as to what was going on in the beginning. But I soon changed my mind. Turned out to be a rather good film in the end. Although Phil was right and that some parts, such as when the two children are sailing down the river are like a fairytale. I also liked the way that even though some scenes are meant to be dark and scary, they aren't portrayed in that way. They are portrayed with in such a way that makes you laugh rather than stare in horror. I also like the fact that the film was in black and white. It gives character to the plot line in a way colour would have ruined it. Scenes which were meant to be taken seriously may not have been if colour had been added.

No comments:

Post a Comment